Can You Prevent Recurrent Urinary Tract Infections?
Additional steps that women can take to avoid recurrent urinary tract infections include:
- Drinking plenty of water every day
- Urinating when you feel the need -- don't resist the urge to urinate
- Wiping from front to back to prevent bacteria around the anus from entering the vagina or urethra
- Taking showers instead of baths
- Cleansing the genital area before sexual intercourse.
- Avoiding the use of feminine hygiene sprays and scented douches, which may irritate the urethra
- Drinking cranberry juice.