Mirabegron tablets are taken once daily to treat symptoms of an overactive bladder. The recommended starting dosage of mirabegron will depend on how you respond to the drug, other medical conditions you have, and various other factors. Because this tablet comes in an extended-release form, make sure to swallow the tablet whole and not break or crush it.
An Introduction to Your Dosage of MirabegronThe dose of mirabegron (Myrbetriq™) your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on several different factors, such as:
- How you respond to the medication
- Other medical conditions you may have.
As is always the case, do not adjust your dosage unless your healthcare provider specifically tells you to do so.
Recommended Mirabegron Dosing GuidelinesThe standard initial mirabegron dosage for treating symptoms of an overactive bladder is 25 mg once a day. This dose normally begins working within eight weeks. If this initial amount does not adequately control your symptoms, your healthcare provider may increase it to 50 mg once a day.
People with moderate liver disease or severe kidney disease should not take more than 25 mg a day. The medication is not recommended for use in people with end-stage kidney disease or severe liver disease.
General Information on Taking MirabegronSome considerations to keep in mind during treatment with mirabegron include the following:
- This medication comes as an extended-release tablet. It is usually taken by mouth once a day.
- Mirabegron should be taken with a glass of water, with or without food. Try taking it with food if it seems to bother your stomach.
- Do not crush, chew, or break the tablets; they should be swallowed whole.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your dosage or mirabegron dosing in general, please talk with your healthcare provider or pharmacist.