Bladder Home > Mirabegron Side Effects
Common Side EffectsMirabegron has been studied extensively in clinical trials. In these studies, one group of people received the real medication, while another group was given a placebo (a "sugar pill" that does not contain any active ingredients). As a result, it was possible to see what side effects occurred, how often they appeared, and how they compared to the placebo.
In these studies, the most common mirabegron side effects included:
- Increased blood pressure (hypertension) -- in up to 11.3 percent of people
- Urinary tract infection (UTI) -- up to 5.9 percent
- Headache -- up to 4.1 percent
- Symptoms of the common cold -- up to 3.9 percent
- Back pain -- up to 2.8 percent
- Constipation -- up to 2.8 percent
- Dry mouth -- up to 2.8 percent.
Other common reactions, occurring in 1.4 percent to 2.7 percent of people, included:
- Stuffy nose
- Flu-like symptoms
- Joint pain
- Upper respiratory tract infection
- Increased heart rate (tachycardia)
- Abdominal (stomach) pain
Final ThoughtsYou may experience some or none of the mirabegron side effects listed in this article. Unfortunately, there is no way for your healthcare provider to know beforehand if you will have problems with a medicine that you have never tried.
Therefore, make sure to let your healthcare provider know if you develop any side effects while taking mirabegron or if something "just does not seem right." While it may not be related to the medication, your healthcare provider will be able to diagnose and treat the problem.