Bladder Home > Cipro XR Warnings and Precautions
During treatment with Cipro XR, use precautionary measures when going out in the sun, such as wearing long sleeves or using sunscreen. Other warnings with Cipro XR apply to people with tendon or joint problems, as well as those with nerve problems or kidney disease. Discussing these and other issues with your healthcare provider can help ensure that this medication is right for you.
What Should I Tell My Healthcare Provider?You should talk with your healthcare provider prior to using Cipro® XR (ciprofloxacin extended release) if you have:
- Tendon problems
- Rheumatoid arthritis or other joint problems
- Kidney disease, such as kidney failure (renal failure)
- Nerve problems
- A history of seizures or epilepsy
- An irregular heartbeat or a heart rhythm problem known as QT prolongation, or have family members with these problems
- Low potassium levels in the blood
- Cerebral arteriosclerosis (hardening and thickening of the arteries of the brain)
- Any allergies, including to medications, foods, dyes, or preservatives
- Myasthenia gravis.
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant