Were you looking for information about Interstitial Cystitis? Interstitual cystitis is a common misspelling of interstitial cystitis.
Interstitial cystitis is a chronic condition that can cause discomfort or pain in the bladder and the surrounding pelvic region. People living with the disorder typically have an inflamed or irritated bladder wall. This inflammation may lead to:
- Scarring and stiffening of the bladder
- Less bladder capacity
- Pinpoint bleeding in the bladder lining.
Symptoms of interstitial cystitis include:
- Discomfort, pressure, tenderness, or intense pain in the bladder and surrounding pelvic area
- An urgent and frequent need to urinate -- both day and night
- Reduced bladder capacity.
(Click Interstitial Cystitis for more information about the possible causes, the diagnostic procedure, and various treatments that are available for this condition. You can also click any of the links in the box to the right for specific information.)