Were you looking for information about Interstitial Cystitis? Interstitial cystis is a common misspelling of interstitial cystitis.
Interstitial cystitis is a chronic condition that can cause discomfort or pain in the bladder and the surrounding pelvic region. People living with interstitial cystitis have an inflamed or irritated bladder wall. This can lead to:
- Scarring and stiffening of the bladder
- Less bladder capacity
- Pinpoint bleeding in the bladder lining.
Symptoms of interstitial cystitis include:
- Discomfort, pressure, tenderness, or intense pain in the bladder and surrounding pelvic area
- An urgent and frequent need to urinate -- both day and night
- Reduced bladder capacity.
(Click Interstitial Cystitis for more information on the effects of interstitial cystitis, treatment options that can help reduce symptoms, and various methods of diagnosing the condition.)