Were you looking for information about Interstitial Cystitis? Interstistal cystitis is a common misspelling of interstitial cystitis.
Interstitial cystitis is a chronic condition that can cause discomfort or pain in the bladder and the surrounding pelvic region. People living with this condition commonly have an inflamed or irritated bladder wall. This can lead to:
- Scarring and stiffening of the bladder
- Less bladder capacity
- Pinpoint bleeding in the bladder lining.
Symptoms of interstitial cystitis include:
- Discomfort, pressure, tenderness, or intense pain in the bladder and surrounding pelvic area
- An urgent and frequent need to urinate -- both day and night
- Reduced bladder capacity.
(Click Interstitial Cystitis for a more complete list of possible symptoms, tests that are often used in diagnosing the condition, and different treatment methods that are currently available. You can also click any of the links in the box to the right for more specific information.)