Basic Information on Cipro XR
Does Cipro XR Cause Side Effects?Just like any medicine, Cipro XR may cause side effects. However, not everyone who uses the drug will experience problems. In fact, most people tolerate it quite well.
If side effects do occur, in most cases, they are minor and either require no treatment or are treated easily by you or your healthcare provider. Serious reactions are less common.
The most common side effects seen with Cipro XR include:
(Click Cipro XR Side Effects to learn more, including potentially serious side effects you should report immediately to your healthcare provider.)
Drug Interactions With Cipro XRCipro XR may react with several other medications (see Cipro XR Drug Interactions).
Important Information for Your Healthcare ProviderYou should talk with your healthcare provider prior to using Cipro XR if you have:
- Kidney disease, such as kidney failure (renal failure)
- Tendon problems
- Any nerve disorders, such as neuropathy
- A history of seizures or epilepsy
- An irregular heartbeat or a heart rhythm problem known as QT prolongation, or have family members with these problems
- Rheumatoid arthritis or other problems with your joints
- Low potassium levels in the blood
- Cerebral arteriosclerosis (hardening and thickening of the arteries of the brain)
- Any allergies, including to medications, foods, dyes, or preservatives
- Myasthenia gravis.
Also, let your healthcare provider know if you are:
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Cipro XR and Pregnancy)
- Breastfeeding (see Cipro XR and Breastfeeding).
Make sure to tell your healthcare provider about any other medications you are taking, including prescription and nonprescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
(Click Cipro XR Warnings and Precautions to learn more, including information on who should not use the drug.)