Tips on Taking Cipro XR and Factors That Affect Your Amount
When and How to Use Cipro XRSome general considerations to keep in mind during treatment with Cipro XR include the following:
- Cipro XR comes in tablet form. It is usually taken once a day.
- This medication can be taken with or without food. If it upsets your stomach, try taking it with food.
- Try to take Cipro XR at about the same time each day to keep an even level of it in your bloodstream.
- Swallow the tablets whole -- do not crush, cut, or chew them. Tell your healthcare provider if you cannot swallow the tablets.
- Cipro XR should not be taken with dairy products alone (such as milk or yogurt) or calcium-fortified juices (such as orange juice). However, it is okay to take it with meals that contain these products.
- Make sure you drink plenty of fluids during treatment to stay well hydrated.
- Cipro XR is used to treat bacterial infections. It will not treat infections caused by viruses, such as the common cold or flu.
- You should start to feel better within a couple of days of treatment. However, this does not mean your infection is gone. Make sure you finish the entire course of treatment. Stopping it too early may cause your symptoms to return, or lead to antibiotic resistance.
- For Cipro XR to work properly, it must be used as prescribed.
Dosing InformationThe dose of Cipro XR your healthcare provider recommends will depend on a number of factors, including:
- The type and severity of the infection being treated
- How well your kidneys function.
(Click Cipro XR Dosage for more information.)